CHECK BACK SOON! We are GROWING!
Seeds of Literacy is run by a very small team thanks in large part to a veritable army of volunteers. Each member of the staff is curious, creative, and passionate about Adult Literacy. They aren’t afraid to jump in and assist in other areas. They are expert problem-solvers and trouble-shooters, and they value clear communication to make the operation work. If these are qualities you possess and you are interested in joining the Seeds Family, check out our job postings below.
Review our organization’s COVID Response & Workplace Precautions.
*All Seeds of Literacy staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis, to the extent required by law.*
***BENEFITS BEYOND COMPENSATION***
Full-time employees are eligible for a robust benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision (includes majority-paid premiums by the employer: employee weekly contribution less than $30.)
- Flexible Health Spending Account
- 401(k) + match
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 17 Paid Holidays (Indicated by Offices Closed)
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
The benefits package has a monetary value equivalent of an additional 30% of the employee’s salary.
Some positions may offer flexible schedules after 90 days, and all staff enjoy a variety of free books from our many wonderful donors.
Please read each description carefully before applying. Applications will only be accepted through Indeed.com unless otherwise stated below. If the position is expired on Indeed, but still listed below, it remains unfilled.
***None of our positions are remote. We are located in Cleveland, Ohio. Relocation not provided.***
Gain real-world experience at Seeds!
NON-PROFIT GENERALIST INTERN
This opportunity is project-based and will rotate throughout departments for full exposure to the management of a literacy-focused nonprofit organization. Interns will work with leadership positions on volunteer engagement, grant research, social media advertising, community partnerships, and any special events.
Potential projects could include:
- creation of satisfaction surveys and compiling feedback of current and past volunteers
- developing lists of social media handles for local, regional, and national government officials, literacy agencies, and referral sources
- brainstorming and creation of social media campaign and content ideas to achieve student recruitment goals
- identify potential partnerships in key sectors: workforce, health, post secondary ed, training, and work to develop a referral system to produce a resource to be given to students at graduation
- assist with logistics and execution of special events (tutor training, professional development workshops, etc)
- Undergraduate senior or above, pursuing nonprofit management, education, social work, or other related field
- Writing samples demonstrating excellent communication skills
- Skilled at listening and responding effectively
- Skilled using Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and the ability to learn new software
- Working knowledge of social media advertising preferred
- Flexible hours typically Monday through Friday, 8:30pm – 5pm
- Free books!
TO APPLY: For consideration, please email a letter of interest, along with any writing samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All Seeds of Literacy staff and volunteers are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis, to the extent required by law.*