Seeds’ Executive Director Joins Leadership Cleveland Class of 2018
Seeds of Literacy is honored to announce that our Executive Director, Bonnie Entler, has been named one of Leadership Cleveland’s Class of 2018.
Leadership Cleveland is a 10-month program of the Cleveland Leadership Center, which “empowers recognized, senior-level leaders with additional knowledge, skills and relationships to advance and deepen their community impact.” Bonnie is one of 65 people from a dynamic cross-section of companies, nonprofits, and institutions who make up the 2018 class.
“We are proud that Bonnie has been chosen for this program,” shares Paul Etzler, President of Seeds of Literacy’s Board of Directors. “She has done an amazing job leading Seeds, and this is a great opportunity. This year, Seeds celebrates its 20th Anniversary. Since 1997, many literacy agencies have closed, but Seeds has flourished under Bonnie’s leadership.”
Bonnie joined Seeds as its Executive Director in 2003. Under her guidance, she and Seeds have gained the following local, regional, and national recognition:
- 2016 Philanthropy Tank Winner, Runner-up – African-American Philanthropy Summit
- 2016 Dominion Community Impact Award Winner
- 2016 National Outstanding Administrator of the Year Award, Runner Up, Commission on Adult Basic Education
- 2016 National Adult Learner of the Year, Coalition on Adult Basic Education – Seeds Graduate
- 2015 State Administrator of the Year, Ohio Association of Adult and Continuing Education
- 2014 “Who to Watch in Education” – Crain’s Cleveland Business
- 2014 Court Community Service Richard Aldine Award for Nonprofit Excellence for Volunteer Activities
- 2014 Nonprofit Best Practice, Governor Kasich’s Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives – Bright Ideas Ohio
- 2013 Anisfield-Wolf Memorial Award for Outstanding Nonprofit Service
- 2013 Dollar General National Student of the Year Award Winner – Seeds Graduate
- 2008 R.S.V.P. Outstanding Agency