Your Talents Make the Difference
Our successful program relies on the skills of our tutors as well as on the determination of our students. You do not need teaching experience to be a tutor; we provide training. With your help, our students are able to reach their goals of a better job and a brighter future for their families. In addition to our tutors, we also welcome volunteers for administrative and event-related tasks.
“I feel like sometimes I’m getting more out of it than the students. They are so grateful to you for tutoring, and even if you don’t know something, they don’t care. You learn together.”
—Julie Larsen, Seeds of Literacy tutor for 14 years
- Help students develop confidence about learning
- Assist with reading, writing, math, science and social studies skills
- Work one-to-one with students
- May choose day or evening class times
- Attend a training session and site observation
We ask for a commitment of one year; over 50% of our tutors have volunteered for over five years.
Contact Alexandria Marshall at 216-661-7950 or for more information on becoming a tutor or volunteering in another capacity.